Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Selected Quotes

“Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again , come , come.” 

Jelaluddin Rumi

















"I looked around at the wind-blasted peaks and the swirls of mist moving past them.  It was hard to take my eyes away.  I had been up on some of them, and I would be up there again.  There was something different to see each time, and something different from each one.  All those streamlets to explore and all those tracks to follow through the glare of the high basins and over the saddles.  Where did they lead?  What was beyond?  What stories were written in the snow?"

"It was good to be back in the wilderness again where everything seems at peace. I was alone.  It was a great feeling- a stirring feeling.  Free once more to plan and do as I pleased.  Beyond was all around me.  The dream was a dream no longer."

Richard Proenneke
One Man's Wilderness

"I can't explain it- at least not to people who have never experienced the magic lure and ancient power of the mountains, those who have never dreamed of trekking through and unknown land, and who are not, when seeing a picture of a beautiful mountain, filled with reverence and a sudden longing."

Goran Kropp
Ultimate High
"May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.  May your mountains rise into and above the clouds."

Edward Abbey

"Who can leap the world's ties and sit with me among white clouds?"

Jack Kerouac
The Dharma Bums



No comments:

Post a Comment